- No minimum deposit required to open
- No minimum balance required to earn interest
- Limit six (6) transactions per calendar month
- Free Online Banking
- Statements mailed quarterly
- Interest will be accrued daily, credited quarterly and paid on the collected balance
- Joint ownership is required with parent or guardian until age 15.
- Converts to Metro Regular Savings Account at age 19.
Daily Balance Computation Method: We use the daily balance method to calculate the interest on your account. This method applies a daily periodic rate to the principal in the account each day.
Transaction Limitations: Transfers from a Student Savings account to another account or to third parties by preauthorized, automatic, or telephone transfer are limited to six per calendar month. ATM and in-person withdrawals are unlimited and do not count toward the six withdrawals limit. Excessive withdrawals over the limit may result in fees, account closure, change of account type, and termination of transfer capability or other remedial action.
Accrual of Interest on Non-Cash Deposits: Interest begins to accrue no later than the business day we receive credit for the deposit of non-cash items (for example, checks).
Effect of Closing an Account: If you close your account before interest is credited, you will not receive the accrued interest.
Rate Information: Interest rate and annual percentage yield may change at any time.
Frequency of Rate Changes: We may change the interest rate on your account at any time.